Our client is a dynamic and successful groups tour operator, due to success and expansion, now seeking an experienced Travel General Manager to join their friendly team due to remarkable growth. This award winning tour operator offers upmarket group travel for schools and universities throughout the UK, Europe and beyond. This role is ideal for a travel professional with sales management experience within travel seeking career progression & development, sociable working hours and a varied job role in which you will be rewarded for your hard work. Reap the benefits and give your travel career a boost today!
Your career begins here, duties include:
- Improving client care and working practices.
- Managing the operational KPI’s.
- Manage margin for the department, dealing in the positive AND implementing spot-checks to mitigate costing errors.
- Negotiating with suppliers to ‘claw-back’ margin and dealing with clients.
- Identify key supplier targets and negotiate the most competitive rates to ensure that contracting / operating savings are met working alongside MD.
- Ensure that client expectations are met by formalising the feedback process.
- Collate error data as part of our clients quality control process, ensuring continuous improvement.
- Manage client complaints, setting up a clear escalation process and ensuring that issues are resolved in accordance with ABTA’s regulations and wherever possible to the clients’ complete satisfaction.
- Manage the department’s health and safety policy.
- Similar experience in managing a travel sales team is essential from a tour operator or travel agency background is essential.
- Negotiation experience
- Strong numerical skills
Must have group travel experience.
- Know to really drive a sales team.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Lucrative salary & bonus
- Monday to Friday sociable hours
- Varied job role
- Social events
- Lucrative salary
- FAM Trips
- Plus many more generous benefits.
To apply click APPLY NOW or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
The post Travel General Manager London / Kent – £45k-£50k + bonus NEG (PTR 2428) appeared first on Platinum Travel Recruitment.